Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December Update
Expand Your Xbox LIVE Network of Pals by browsing the Friends Lists of other Xbox LIVE members

New Experience to be made available on December 4th with the Xbox 360 Fall Dashboard Update Microsoft is making it even easier to expand your Friends network on Xbox LIVE, starting with the Fall Dashboard Update on December 4th. Members will now be able to check out the friends lists of fellow Xbox LIVE members right from the Dashboard. With this new feature, members can find old friends or connect with new ones within the community of more than 8 million people on Xbox LIVE around the globe and send messages and game invites, as well as compare games and Achievements.

With the prevalence of social media websites such as MySpace and FaceBook, this type of capability has largely come to be expected from consumers as a means to relate in an online community. Xbox LIVE continually seeks new ways to better serve the expectations of its members, which often result in enhancements made available for free through the bi-annual Dashboard updates.

When the Fall Dashboard update is distributed on December 4th, the new default setting on Xbox LIVE will be active enabling members to see the Friends lists of other Xbox LIVE members. Members who would like to keep their friends list private can take the following steps to change their settings beginning today:

Log in to http://www.xbox.com/fof and select one of the three options available for your

Gamertag:

Everyone (only available to members 18 and older)
Friends only (available to members 13 and older)
Blocked (available to all members, and automatic for anyone under the age of 13)
Stay tuned for more information about the Xbox 360 Dashboard Update later this month.
[Image: Meestor+Mac.png]
I so hope this isnt the main feature of the update
Its not the only part of the update they are adding Original Xbox Titles to the market place so no doubt there will be a section added for that in the update. Hopefully there will be other stuff as well.
I like the thought of noseying around in people's friends lists! Wink

I'll be everyone's stalker!
[FED] Vikki.  All-round Pain In the Ass
I believe details of a clan blade will be released over the next few days - that sounds like a great addition Smile
Hmmmm, don't like this feature I must admit and will be turning it off as soon as I can. As I understand it because I'm an adult (so they say) everyone will be able to browse my friends list, but I have people on my friends list that are not adults, my Niece and Nephew to be specific, and I wouldn't want their details viewable to just anyone on my friends list. As I'm sure is the case with most people, not everyone on my friend list is someone I'd trust to talk to the younger members of my family!
Tricky Wrote:Hmmmm, don't like this feature I must admit and will be turning it off as soon as I can. As I understand it because I'm an adult (so they say) everyone will be able to browse my friends list, but I have people on my friends list that are not adults, my Niece and Nephew to be specific, and I wouldn't want their details viewable to just anyone on my friends list. As I'm sure is the case with most people, not everyone on my friend list is someone I'd trust to talk to the younger members of my family!

Agreed, it seems quite intrusive in that sense. I think I will probably turn it off.
I believe they have dropped the IPTV addition for this update and the movie rental service according to some sources. Can't find any mention of the Clan blade but I have seen screenshots of it. I do think that being able to turn off the stalker add-on is a nice touch. As I have some young relatives on my list too.

As Charlton said the Xbox game downloads should be coming, I just hope we get a little more stability as CoD as been laggy as F**K of late and its not just when playing against the FEDs.
[Image: Meestor+Mac.png]
you can turn off friend sharing already, from xbox.com.
Tricky Wrote:Hmmmm, don't like this feature I must admit and will be turning it off as soon as I can. As I understand it because I'm an adult (so they say) everyone will be able to browse my friends list, but I have people on my friends list that are not adults, my Niece and Nephew to be specific, and I wouldn't want their details viewable to just anyone on my friends list. As I'm sure is the case with most people, not everyone on my friend list is someone I'd trust to talk to the younger members of my family!

indeed
Already turned off. What a crap update.

The last thing i want is my console to become a social networking service!
Superjoe Wrote:you can turn off friend sharing already, from xbox.com.

I couldn't find the option Sad
http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/accounts/frie...iends.aspx

vikki gave me the link - ty Smile
I want confirmation from everyone on my friend list that they have turned this fucking stupid stalking tossing thing off, no confirmation and i will be deleting. I already get pissed off with stupid twats sending me messages just cos i played one fucking game with them.
it hath been done