Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 facebook integration
I can understand bringing this to 360 as it has no browser (which probably doesn't fit in very well with the parental controls), but I don't understand why they have to bring it out for ps3 as, it already has a browser. I do wish Sony would deliver something a bit more innovative than just trying to check all the boxes that MS are. Vidzone is a perfect example of this and I think it will beat last.fm on 360, but I will have to wait until tonight before I can vote either way.

Do you really want people to know what you just bought on the ps3 store?

video after the jump
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/1...t=My+Yahoo
facebook dosen't fully work through the browser.............
How can you be slagging Sony for bringing facebook, when as you say they have a web-browser,

why are you not slagging MS for not having such a basic thing?

In some areas they are playing catch-up, they know this, BUT FFS when they do add a function to "catch up" STOP SLAGGING THEM OFF !!!!!!

Why are you not saying MS are cunts for not having free music videos and instead giving us a fucking radio station, oohhhhh, so next gen !!!!!!!

SO, in conclusion, stop with the Sony bashing, to get ahead, first you have to catch up - and they are doing so !
[Image: fs_overall.png]
Lets Nintendo bash - the wii is shit
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
The wii is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wank, esp on a big tv.
(17-11-2009, 12:25 PM)Superjoe Wrote: facebook dosen't fully work through the browser.............
How can you be slagging Sony for bringing facebook, when as you say they have a web-browser,

why are you not slagging MS for not having such a basic thing?

In some areas they are playing catch-up, they know this, BUT FFS when they do add a function to "catch up" STOP SLAGGING THEM OFF !!!!!!

Why are you not saying MS are cunts for not having free music videos and instead giving us a fucking radio station, oohhhhh, so next gen !!!!!!!

SO, in conclusion, stop with the Sony bashing, to get ahead, first you have to catch up - and they are doing so !

must admit I have not tried facebook from ps3, why would I, I already have a pc to do that shit on. Do we know anyone with a console and no PC?? thats whats makes me think the entire 'lets jump on the facebook bandwagon' is a bit lets be hip and fail somewhat at it. I think its all a bit pointless which ever platform, so I am not exclusively bashing sony.

As for bashing MS for not having a vidzone like app, I guess last.fm is their take on it, but its not a feature I would request, was quite happy streaming music from my own server. I guess thats more the point, most people dont really sit down for ages and watch music videos.

as for to get ahead first you need to catch up, I agree, but facebook vs cross game chat, I think every ps3 owner out there would rather have cross game chat. My original post was something more of a see sonys lack of prioritisation.

Yes the wii is shit

Well lets start a convo on MS and what they need to bring to the table.
Facebook was already on PS3 they are just bringing the ability to post new trophies, what you've downloaded and game events to facebook its nothing mega just a small update coming soon.

They don't need a massive conference with the Beatles to announce something like this!

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler">
(17-11-2009, 07:33 PM)Charlton Wrote: They don't need a massive conference with the Beatles to announce something like this!

yes how dare microsoft have a massive conference at E3 and double how dare they have a beatle on stage to promote beatles rock band.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/art...?id=227596

looks like Sony had facebook already in mind as it is out TODAY !!!!!!
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/art...?id=227796
thats old news, besides theres that 360 xbla title that already does the stereoscopic 3d for those with the equipment to handle it
an xbla game that no has heard about.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/art...?id=228430

Bad attitude from MS
yeah, it is a bit silly of MS to do that, although I do have to say that the xbox live facebook integration is absolute dog shit, and really smelly shit that is. Which is rather like the twitter integration, I dont want to launch a seperate app to do this shit.
PS3 FFXIII superior thanks to Blu-ray
Wednesday 9-Dec-2009 10:24 AM 360 FFXIII has compressed audio/video, reveals Square

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/art...?id=229135
well, its a play on words, ps3 and 360 will have compressed video, but the 360 version will have greater compressed video.