Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dell service
My XPS1330 had its graphics chip replaced last year sometime, cos of a fault with a certain nvidia board/chip.

That was when the laptop was less than a year old, they did some checks on the phone then sent an engineer to my work to replace the part,

A few weeks ago it started doing the same thing, and even though its over 2 years old, over a year out of warranty they have replaced it again, but this time with a modified nvidia chip. It seems this problem has affected Dell and other laptop manufacturers and nvidia are changing all effected chips.

I rang Dell yesterday and the engineer was here at 9.30 and has just left now.
Excellent service !
[Image: fs_overall.png]
despite what people think, when something fucks up then goes out of warranty and the same thing happens again, the company is obligated to fix it again, same if in a years time it happens again they have to replace it because its still going back to the first problem they should have fixed while in warranty
[Image: dragula.gif]
Hmm, Dells.........I'd rather build my own PC I think
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
this pc was store bought, just out of pure laziness lol, my one before was built by me, much cheaper to build yourself
[Image: dragula.gif]
yeap, but saying that - Spanky - I've made no changes to my PC other then the usual Vista Updates - now whenever I shut down the PC turns itself off by about 2 mins (thats completely off - no fans, nothings running) then it turns itself on again - powers up but the keyboard doesn't work.

I'll made sure all the settings for wake-up-on-lan are off. but it hasn't helped - any ideas? Only started Monday - after I did I accepted some vista updates. I've rolled back - no change.
Should have bought a Dell...........
I have the same problem with my computer since installing w7, been meaning to dig around in the bios and turn off the wake on lan and other settings and see what happens.

Quite often I walk into my room and switch the light on, then the computer switches itself on, all very freaky, its like, it knows.
Surely thats a good thing, I would keep it that way,
well if would could find out what caused it to turn on - I suppose you could market it - but since we dont......