Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Tower PC Power On Problem
After upgrading the Mobo, I've not had any further problems with turning the PC off and it turning itself back on but getting stuck at the bios load and then resetting repeatedly.

Now though, I am having problems turning it on, on a few occasions I hit the power button on the front off the case and nothing happens. Usually have to turn the power off at the back on the power pack, then flick it on and then hit the front power button 5-6 times and it will turn on. Happens about twice a week.

Power pack or Case problem?

Checked wiring - cant see anything - other then on the front panel one of wires to one of the 6 fan controls has been severed.

Any ideas?
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
i'd say PSU, at least thats what id be checking, you sure its big enough
£5 volt meter is all you need to check both the switch and the psu
should you just try turning it off and then back on again..
[FED] Vikki.  All-round Pain In the Ass
He has, he just worded it the long way round.

PSU failures are rather rare, although a thunderstorm could knock it out of bonk, I suppose.
they are only rare until you have one then you'll find you have three come along at once

can you wirer it up without the fan controls, cant see why it would cause a problem but you never know
I have a volt meter so will give it a try - what setting spank - cos its currently set for my car battery and should probably be changed to a lower setting.........

480W Thermaltake Power something Butterfly.
It's only powering a i5-750, ATX mobo, 4 Dimms giving 8GB, single PCI card (Geforce 6800gt), Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro V2 Heat Sink and Fan, 3x internal Hard Drives (2x SETA), external USB hard drive, fan controller unit. The website I used to calculate said that should at a minimum 350w.
voltages inside the computer are 5v and 12v for the cables coming off the psu, not sure about the large 20/24 pin connector, will look it up.

Use resistance to check the switch is making correctly.
Have to say - streaming Avatar 2.5gig mkv file over PS3 from PC using PS3media server - nice - no stutter, no buffering - just plays
if you don't watch that film in the cinema and in 3D, then its not worth watching
who is buying a 3D TV this year?
[Image: fs_overall.png]
nope, and I don't believe in sitting in the cinema looking like a complete cunt either - in all this time they still can't come up with anything better...........
you are joking ?
the glasses are fine, and as every fucker is wearing them its fine,
its also in a dark room,

this coming from fucking earring boy.
[Image: fs_overall.png]
nope been there seen 3d before not interested, come get me when its something akin to one of those star trek holosuite virtual reality things
(11-02-2010, 11:08 PM)Superjoe Wrote: you are joking ?
the glasses are fine, and as every fucker is wearing them its fine,
its also in a dark room,

this coming from fucking earring boy.

Yeah, but you can be sitting in the cinema without the glasses and my previous statement will still ring true :p