Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pacific
the pacific theatre of war 'sequel' to band of brothers.

Just seen the advert for it on sky, looks epic as one would expect wont be watching it until its released to buy as ive no sky but definately one to set you Sky+ for
I will wait for full release on blu ray cos I can't hack watching one hour a week !!!!
[Image: fs_overall.png]
I'm looking forward to this, just finished watching band of brothers on blu ray so ready for this now.
watches an episode of band of brothers last night on blu ray there seemed to be a few scenes where the film grain is a bit over the top
(07-03-2010, 07:26 PM)Sir_SpankalotUK Wrote: watches an episode of band of brothers last night on blu ray there seemed to be a few scenes where the film grain is a bit over the top

really? DVD is spotless picture - it's not one of those conversions where they have added grain is it? I read an article on a forum somewhere about movies looking worse on Blu-ray due to grain issues?
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
don't remember noticing it, I went through the box set over a couple of days.
March 14th in States, April 4th for us poor sods.........
If your looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphilis

maybe it was because I was sat to close the TV, but in some of the in doors scenes especially some of the close ups, you can notice a major graininess over the image, this is in stark contrast to the outdoor scenes that are pixel perfect.
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/pacific

Glowing reviews !
Be available for download soon..........question is do I wait!!!!!!
I am waiting, unless its a download in HD with 5.1 sound.
Watched it the other day - Slapp don't want me to spoil it; so I'll just say.........

it was good - looks like it's going to be amazing
Watching BoB again,
Lt Spiers is awesome, reading about him on wiki it appears he was born in Scotland. All those guys were like proper heroes.
i watched the first two episodes of the pacific on sky 3 a couple of weekends back, didnt think much of the first episode but the second one was decent enough
It doesn't improve - the battles are short and dont emphasise what the soldiers went through. Not the same as BoB.

If you wik one of the soldiers - John Baslione (or something) read his history then watch The Pacific - they downplay events - I know they have to fit it all in an hour - but still. One of the others story is the same - just something missing which was in BoB.