Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router Problems
Anyone got an idea?

Router is acting up since Sunday night, resets itself once every hour usually when the PS3 is on and after 8pm.

Settings all the same, made no changes - worse if streaming via PS3 media - can be every 20 mins. With PS3 on but no streaming - about once an hour. Only noticed it happen once with the PS3 off.

No works or network outage accordning to Bethere my isp?
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
make note of settings, reset router to factory settings, reinput settings and see how it goes.
buy a new router, its what I would do.
[Image: fs_overall.png]
(04-03-2010, 10:52 AM)Superjoe Wrote: buy a new router, its what I would do.

I have a spare Dlink 834 and a £100+ Netlink (can't remember model), the Dlink doesnt like 2 xboxs on though and the Netlink was a bitch to configue and connection was poor.

I seem to be going through a router a year - that's not normal is it?
i reckon on average my routers have lasted 3 years before i end up replacing them, only had two that physically broke the rest were just upgraded varients due to different wireless needs

is it cable or adsl
adsl mate
could be the power supply can you change it over for another?
I'll try tonight - my mate reckons it could the the PS3 causing it - he has a limited edition white FF13 slim ps3 which works fine, he brought a newish 60gb fat ps3 - turned it on last night and its not sycning etc and logged him out - maybe some ps3s are a bit fucked?
ive always struggeld with my 60GB PS3 with wifi , went wired with it, no probs now.
is wired
yes must admit, my 40gb ps3 never likes wifi connections, the slim seems to work better on wifi.
you have 2 ps3's?
I doubt Spanky has two PS3's at that would be a bit sad...........
I used to have 2 360's, would consider getting another one actually.
Saw an elite for £149.99 in town the other day.

And Phil, you are beyond sad..........
(05-03-2010, 11:57 AM)Superjoe Wrote: I used to have 2 360's, would consider getting another one actually.
Saw an elite for £149.99 in town the other day.

And Phil, you are beyond sad..........

it's different if you have for example a limited edition white slim final fantasy one and then a normal one to play on.

and Ted, I always wanted to know - what IS your "secret magic word"
also I never knew Superted was Welsh