Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest place to buy a ps3 slim ?
Where is the cheapest place to buy a new ps3 slim at present ?
Shopto , lol
[Image: fs_overall.png]
Right, I think I'm going to buy one, seriously where is the cheapest (taking into account game bundles etc) and am I right in thinking there are 2 different processors around at present ? how do I ensure I get one of the newer type ones ?

Not heard about different processors, only difference I was aware of was the size of HD's
(14-09-2010, 03:00 PM)Superjoe Wrote: Not heard about different processors, only difference I was aware of was the size of HD's

Spanky will know, I'll wait for his post Wink
nah, he only cares about xbox
hmmm further reading suggests all the slims may have the same power consumption/cpu so maybe I have been mis-informed elsewhere...

All about price then - where is best ?

looking ideally for a bundle with 1 game, not too bothered what. Will be ordering a controller seperately :
http://shop.powera.com/store/Product/Det...6c85380fa3
I presume you can get copied games then otherwise you wouldn't be bothering?
(14-09-2010, 03:20 PM)Superjoe Wrote: I presume you can get copied games then otherwise you wouldn't be bothering?

Yes I can, but it's come about from something else really.

As you know I have the Popcorn hour in the lounge running the Movie Jukebox off the WHS. I was thinking of getting another Popcorn Hour for the bedroom, so we can access all the same movies and TV series there too. A new popcorn hour is about £170.00, and apparently PS3 will work with my Yamj installation giving the same movie wall interface I have on the popcorn.

So I may as well buy a PS3 to put in the bedroom for now (or put ps3 in lounge and popcorn in bedroom) especially since I can buy the PS3chip and download all the games I could want for PS3 now too....