Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ipad
I'm in one of them "stupid purchase" moods and top of the list is an Ipad.
Any reason (apart from the money, and not actually fucking needing one) why I shouldn't get one?
[Image: fs_overall.png]
because its still the first iteration, think 1st gen iphone vs 3rd/4th gen iphone far better off to wait and spend the inane amount of money it costs a few gens down the line

plus you know how someone thought you were gay having an ipad and then using it in public which is the only reason to have an ipad will basically prove that you must be gay
yeah, that was my number one reason not to really. I mean if you wait for the new one you wait for EVER, but I imagine the next version will be along quite quickly.
i'd have an ipad if i had a house which was computer controlled and the ipad was the interface but as a mobile platform device for use in the real outdoor world i just cant see the use unless its a fashion accessory
Would rather have a windows7 tablet when they start landing, so you get some true multitasking out of it.

The iSpad is an overpriced fashion accessory.

Don't.
it's good for watching tv in bed and using as an electronic book

[FED] Vikki.  All-round Pain In the Ass
I like the idea of an electronic book, keep meaning to look at the kindle? Which seems to be heavily advertised at the moment
tis gay get one
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
it does work very well as a book. had a sony e-reader before, ipad is better. i also like the way all your books are arranged on shelves (obviously in a gay way)
[FED] Vikki.  All-round Pain In the Ass
you know what also works well for reading. A BOOK! don't have to worry about batteries running out or anything.
LOL, thats what ive been using on the train !!!
Sometimes the old ideas are the best,

also, on the train I saw some guy get an ipad out and start using it and I just thought what a twat he is, no reasoning, didnt know him, but he was a cunt.
tis true, when I was in london a few weeks ago there was a guy stood up on the tube playing poker on his ipad. the ipad should come with a sign you have to wear that says "YES I KNOW, I AM A COCK"
Kindle ordered

Yes the paper books work best I'm sure but I've succumb to amazons marketing machine and a voucher waiting to be used
Nope, would still rather have a book, and you know they gonna bring out a colour screen one eventually.

Can you read the Kindle in the bath without worring about dropping £109 (or more) in the bath?
Can you use the kindle to prop up shelves?
Can you use the Kindle to throw at your cats when they piss you off?
Can you use the Kindle as a cheap doorstop?
Can you use the Kindle to build a cheap barrier to stop your baby rolling around?

Nuff said
[Image: Philmore_Butt.png]
none of those apply to me